Legal 500 Spotlights Akin Gump Lawyers and Practices in Asia
(Hong Kong) – The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2016 has recognized a number of Akin Gump practices and individuals in the firm’s Hong Kong and Beijing offices as being among the leaders in their respective fields. The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific is an annual, independent guide that provides ranking and editorial analysis of law firms operating in the legal marketplaces of 18 Asia-Pacific jurisdictions.
In China, Akin Gump is ranked in category of “Corporate (M&A) Foreign Firms.” Beijing partners William Rosoff and Li Chen are recommended, Ms. Chen noted as having “significant experience advising Chinese companies and [state-owned enterprises] SOEs on their outbound investments.”
In Hong Kong, Akin Gump is ranked in the following practice areas:
- Corporate (including M&A)
- Akin Gump is “outstanding and superior to other firms.”
- Greg Puff, Matthew Puhar and Charles Rogers are recommended. Mr. Puff is noted as “a go-to guy on M&A,” and Messrs. Puhar and Rogers are noted as providing “a strong investor-side practice to complement the firm’s existing public M&A and going-private expertise.”
- Investment funds
- Akin Gump is “very proactive, commercial and practical, and has credibility in U.S. and Hong Kong regulatory matters.”
- Anne-Marie Godfrey is recommended.
- Restructuring and insolvency
Founded in 1945, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
# # #