- Focuses on public and private cross-border transactions.
- Significant experience in sophisticated cross-border transactions in Asia.
Matthew Puhar’s practice focuses on public and private cross-border corporate, corporate finance, debt and equity investment, and restructuring transactions. He is particularly experienced with listed company transactions, debt and equity investment deals, mergers and acquisitions, shareholder activism, joint ventures, flotations and investment funds.
- Advised a pan-Asian investment group on its proposed pre-initial public offering investment in the equity of a company in People’s Republic of China (PRC)
- Represented one of Asia’s leading independent investment management groups in a proposed takeover and capital restructuring of a U.K.-listed company.
- Counseled a U.S.-based asset management group in its derivative structured product investment relating to a PRC pre-IPO investment position.
- Acted on behalf of a global investment manager regarding the acquisition of a Hong Kong-based investment manager.
- Acted for a global private investment firm concerning its equity acquisition and joint venture with the fifth largest bank (by market capitalization) in Southeast Asia in respect of a private equity funds management business.