Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP has a deep bench of investment fund specialists and a long track record of leading complex global deals on behalf of private equity funds and their portfolio companies. Our team includes leading dealmakers and finance specialists with extensive experience in complex leveraged and acquisition finance arrangements.
Our clients include several of the world’s most prominent mega private equity funds, middle-market funds and portfolio companies that call upon us to counsel on:
- mergers, acquisitions and dispositions
- roll-up transactions
- other liquidity events, including:
- add-on acquisitions and investments
- joint ventures and strategic alliances
- public and private offerings of debt and equity in the U.S. and
- leveraged buyouts
- acquisition finance
- management investments and other equity incentive arrangements
- liquidity rights, including drag-along rights, forced sale arrangements, tag-along rights, put and call rights, rights of first refusal and rights of first offer
- corporate governance rights, including board election rights, board and board committee composition and board and shareholder voting rights, including minority and other shareholder protections
- fund formation and regulatory compliance
- day-to-day executive compensation, labor and employment, environmental, tax, intellectual property and litigation matters
- private equity policy.