- Provides leadership during corporate crises, high-stakes litigation and regulatory investigations.
- Serves on Akin Gump’s Management Committee guiding the firm’s operations worldwide.
Mike Warnecke provides battle-tested leadership in the largest and most complicated legal matters in the country involving government investigations, litigation and regulatory compliance. He serves as lead antitrust counsel to AT&T for its pre-close integration planning efforts in connection with its mergers and acquisitions, including managing AT&T’s parlor process and other “gun-jumping” compliance frameworks. He also leads the Akin Gump team in its representation of Trinity Industries in all aspects of the high-profile, high-stakes nationwide litigation and investigations against the company related to its ET Plus highway guardrail end-terminal systems.
- Defended a major global freight forwarder in an international industrywide antitrust investigation into price fixing and other collusive activity. The investigation began with a dawn raid by the Antitrust Division of the DOJ to execute a search warrant and a simultaneous inspection by the European Commission. The scope was expanded to include investigations by antitrust regulators in Brazil, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore and Switzerland.
- Defended that same global freight forwarder in a separate federal criminal investigation, government contractor suspension proceeding and civil False Claims Act qui tam action regarding transactions in the Iraqi theater.
- Represented an oil company in connection with a Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) investigation.
- Advised a U.S.-based sales executive of an Italian company in a DOJ criminal antitrust investigation into bid rigging, market allocation and other antitrust violations in the marine hose industry.
- Assisted a manufacturing company in a federal criminal investigation of antitrust allegations about the company’s distribution network and pricing practices.
Public Service and Affiliations