Practice & Background
Alaric Green is a member of the firm’s EU/Competition practice in London. He has advised on a broad range of competition matters including merger and behavioural cases.
Prior to joining the firm in 2017, Mr. Green trained and practiced in the London office of a magic circle law firm, which included a three month secondment to their Brussels office and a six month client secondment at the headquarters of a UK-listed company.
- Assisted a large US-listed company on its notification of a JV to various competition authorities worldwide (including in Germany, Austria, Brazil and China).
- Acted for a large UK private company on its notification of an acquisition to the European Commission.
- Acted for a large UK-listed company in its notification of a potential takeover to the European Commission, as well as to various competition authorities worldwide (including in Brazil, Canada, Israel, Japan, Jersey, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine and the USA).
- Acted for a large private company on its notification to the EC of its acquisition of control via a minority stake in a foreign-listed company.
- Acted for a large UK-listed company on its notification of a JV to the EC and negotiated the associated remedies package.
- Acted for Motorola in the EC investigation into Motorola’s enforcement of standard essential patents against Apple (Case AT 39.985).
- Acted for a large UK company in an EC investigation into alleged infringements of Article 101.
- Acted for a UK high street bank in the UK CMA’s market study into retail banking.
- Acting for a large multi-national company in relation to the EC’s investigation into its supply agreements.
Awards & Accolades
- Legal 500 UK, Recommended in EU & Competition, 2017