Alexander S. Trukhtanov is a senior counsel at Akin Gump’s Moscow office. He is primarily involved in mergers and acquisitions, project and corporate finance, international commercial arbitration and commercial litigation.
Mr. Trukhtanov’s engagements include:
- Negotiating and documenting a US$1.8 bn acquisition by a Russian oil major of an equity interest in a South European refinery with an associated put option for the balance of the equity
- Representing a Russian oil major in a competitive bid for the acquisition of a substantial equity interest in a North European refinery; negotiating and documenting the US$600m acquisition by way of a back-to-back sale by the other shareholder in the refinery following a pre-funded exercise of the right of preemption over the interest triggered by the intended sale to the successful bidder
- Negotiating and documenting a US$1.6bn buy-out by a Russian oil major of an equity interest held by a UK oil major in an upstream joint venture on terms of secured deferred payment
- Representing claimants in LCIA arbitration proceedings for the recovery of damages for repudiation of a US$1.087bn share acquisition contract
- Defending claims arising out of business dealings between high net worth individuals and their corporate vehicles involving allegations of fraud, dishonesty, conspiracy, economic duress, unfair advantage and breach of contract; negotiating, documenting and implementing a US$65m settlement; representing defendant in LCIA arbitration proceedings for the recovery of the settlement debt;