- Advises Russian and international clients on corporate transactions (mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and restructurings) involving Russian assets and businesses, as well as general corporate and regulatory matters
Anna Semashko’s experience includes advising clients in various industries on mergers and acquisitions, establishment of joint-ventures and corporate restructuring, as well as participating in internal investigations.
- Advised Mail.ru, the leading Internet and IT company in Russia, on the formation of a joint venture with Alibaba Group, a global digital commerce company, PJSC MegaFon, a pan-Russian operator of digital opportunities, and the Russian Direct Investment Fund, Russia’s sovereign wealth fund.
- Represented Mail.ru Group Limited in connection with its joint venture with Sberbank to pursue a major online-to-offline consumer platform focused on food delivery services, taxi ride hailing services and related businesses
- Advised Baker Hughes on a number of acquisitions of industrial facilities is Russia
- Counseled Sistema JSFC, a publicly traded diversified holding company in Russia and the CIS, on the sale of a stake in JSC Detsky Mir to the Russia-China Investment Fund.
- Advised USM and MegaFon on structuring and establishing a joint venture and further represented the joint venture in connection with the acquisition of a 50 percent interest in the Euroset retail stores chain, as well as counseled USM on the subsequent structured buyout of its stake in the joint venture by MegaFon.