- Handles projects in international finance, energy and infrastructure, and Russia and CIS.
- Has lived and worked in London, Moscow and Houston.
Artem Faekov represents public and private entities in international project finance and in projects related to energy and infrastructure, as well as to Russia and CIS. He has lived and worked in London, Moscow and Houston; is admitted to practice law in Russia; and is a member of the California Bar. Artem is a contributing author of ERBD Glossary of Project Finance.
- Advised one of the world’s largest energy multinationals in the development of a greenfield liquefied natural gas port, re-gas, transportation and gas sale project in India. The matter included work on gas transportation and sale arrangements and project risk structuring.
- Assisted a major U.S. energy company in a proposed Croatian gas-fired electricity generating joint venture with Gazprom, a government-owned company based in Russia.
- Represented the issuer in a proposed bonds issue securitizing residual equity income from several project-financed power assets, including a power plant and a utilities business in the United Kingdom.
- Counseled an independent Russia/CIS-oriented energy group in a corporate consolidation involving more than 10 European, CIS and offshore jurisdictions with a view to an initial public offering. Also advised in the subsequent disposal of three Russian oil-producing subsidiaries to a major Russian energy company.
- Negotiated on behalf of an Ecuadorian client in an oil products offtake dispute involving a Russian state oil company and in an LCIA arbitration of a related $100 million refinery unit construction arrangement.