- Served in the White House as Deputy Assistant to the President for International Economics, Deputy Director of the National Economic Council and part of the National Security Council.
- Served as a key negotiator with foreign governments and bodies, including China, the European Union, and members of the G-7, G-20 and APEC, among others.
- Has helped litigate over 30 World Trade Organization (WTO) disputes on behalf of the United States.
- Has significant congressional experience, including working as the Legislative Director for former Representative Paul Ryan (R-WI) and on the House Budget Committee.
- Frequent contributor to the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, the Washington Post, Bloomberg, CNBC and the Fox Business Network, among others.
Clete Willems advises clients, including trade associations and multinational companies, on international economic law and policy matters. With over 16 years of U.S. government experience, he offers clients strategic guidance and legal representation on trade, investment, finance, economic development, sanctions and energy, among other issues.
Public Service and Affiliations