- Served in the White House as Deputy Assistant to the President for International Economics, Deputy Director of the National Economic Council and part of the National Security Council.
- Served as a key negotiator with foreign governments and bodies, including China, the European Union, the United Kingdom, Korea, Japan and members of the G-7, G-20 and APEC, among others.
- Has helped litigate over 30 World Trade Organization (WTO) disputes on behalf of the United States.
- Has significant congressional experience, including working as the Legislative Director for former Representative Paul Ryan (R-WI) and on the House Budget Committee.
- CNBC contributor who is also frequently cited by the Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, New York Times, Financial Times, and South China Morning Post, among others.
Clete Willems advises clients, including investors, trade associations and multinational companies, on international economic law and policy matters. With over 16 years of U.S. government experience, he offers clients strategic guidance and legal representation on trade, investment, finance, economic development, sanctions and energy, among other issues.
Public Service and Affiliations