- Represents employers in complex wage and hour class and collective actions, employment discrimination matters and restrictive covenants disputes.
- Advises clients on executive agreements and strategic legal issues.
- Board Certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Courtney Stahl’s litigation experience includes representing employers in a broad range of employment law matters arising under federal and state laws, including claims filed under:
- Title VII
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The National Labor Relations Act (NLRA).
- Represented clients in administrative proceedings and lawsuits alleging claims for sex, race, age and disability discrimination, sexual harassment and retaliation.
- Defended a high-profile retailer and oil and gas industry supplier in collective actions alleging misclassification and failure to pay overtime under the FLSA.
- Represented nationwide restaurant chain in a lawsuit against former executives to enforce restrictive covenants.
- Represented clients in federal and state occupational safety and health regulatory proceedings.
- Advised CenterPoint Energy regarding employment matters in its $6 billion acquisition of Vectren Corporation, a power and gas utility operating in Indiana and Ohio.
Public Service and Affiliations