- Focuses on a broad range of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity security offerings, complex technology transactions and spinoffs.
Courtney York has provided legal counsel to public and private corporate clients for nearly two decades, including clients in the technology, telecommunications, media, retail and consulting industries. She regularly advises clients regarding securities compliance and general corporate governance issues, and she represents private equity funds in a variety of transactions.
- Advised a global telecommunications company in the $1.4 billion sale of a subsidiary to another global technology company and with regard to the disposition of its managed applications and managed hosting businesses.
- Represented a major technology services company in the
$1 billion sale of its credit services business to a consumer credit reporting agency. Advised the same company with the acquisition of a big data cloud services company, the acquisition of an enterprise-grade cloud management company, the acquisition of an international information technology services company, the acquisition of a software services and cloud solutions technology services firm, a $700 million public offering of senior notes, a debt and equity investment in a mobile health care technology start-up, and the disposition of an immigration services subsidiary.
- Counseled a global information services company in the acquisition of an online provider of continuing professional education and the acquisition of adaptive learning technology from a national publishing and education company.
- Represented a software and data analytics provider to the real estate industry in the acquisition of a revenue management solutions firm, the acquisition of a utility and energy management solutions company, a $345 million private offering of senior convertible notes, and the acquisition of a leasing platform and related software company.
- Counseled an American media conglomerate in the spinoff of an integration and fulfillment solutions provider and a $750 million private offering of exchangeable senior debentures.