Cynthia Mabry concentrates her practice on capital markets, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters.
Practice and Background
Ms. Mabry represents both public and private entities, investors, and underwriters in a wide variety of capital markets and finance transactions, including offerings of equity and debt securities. Ms. Mabry also provides ongoing advice to clients regarding general corporate and securities matters, including Exchange Act reporting, stock exchange listing requirements and corporate governance. Ms. Mabry has represented clients in a broad range of industries, including energy companies, chemical companies, biotechnology companies and financial services companies. Ms. Mabry has particular experience with clients engaged in the energy industry, including oil and gas exploration and production, oilfield services and related sectors.
Prior to joining Akin Gump, Ms. Mabry worked in the Houston office of another international law firm. She previously worked as a senior associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers in Houston.
- President, University of Houston Law Center Alumni Association; Director 2014-Present
- Member, LSU Ogden Honors College Advisory Council
- Former Chair, Houston Bar Association, Corporate Counsel Section; Director 2012-Present
- Former President, LSU Alumni Association, Greater Houston Chapter
Awards & Accolades
- Ms. Mabry has been recognized as a “Texas Rising Star” by Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters) in Securities & Corporate Finance