Dario Frommer is a leader in the firm’s California public law and policy practice.
Practice & Background
Mr. Frommer provides strategic legal and political advice to key clients and represents clients in high-stakes matters before state and local government entities, including rulemaking, enforcement actions, procurements and investigations. Mr. Frommer also assists clients in the development of public policy. His broad experience includes energy, climate change, health care, tribal gaming, tax policy, transportation, government procurement and campaign and election law. Mr. Frommer has represented many of California's most prominent companies and government agencies in his practice.
Mr. Frommer is a former majority leader of the California State Assembly and has held a variety of high-level state government positions. Prior to his return to private practice in 2006, Mr. Frommer, in addition to serving as the Assembly’s majority leader, chaired that body’s Health Committee. He also occupied a number of high-level state government posts, including serving as appointments secretary to Gov. Gray Davis.
Mr. Frommer served as chair of the California Transportation Commission, helping to oversee billions of dollars in funding for highway, road and transit projects. He is Mayor Eric Garcetti’s appointee to the Oversight Board for the dissolution of the Los Angeles Redevelopment Agency. In 2016, Mr. Frommer was named to the national advisory board of the Moore School of Nursing at the University of California, Davis.
He received a J.D. degree from the University of California, Davis, School of Law and a B.A. degree, cum laude, from Colgate University.
Mr. Frommer is involved in numerous community, civic and charitable activities that include:
- University of California,Davis, Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing, national advisory board member (2015-present)
- California Transportation Commission, member and chairman (2008-2016)
- University of Southern California, Unruh Institute of Politics, legislator in residence (2015-2016)
- Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation, board of directors (2012-2013)
- Coalition for Clean Air, board of directors (2012-2015)
- California Film Commission, board of directors (2002-2006)
Awards & Accolades
Mr. Frommer has received numerous awards and accolades, including:
- Environmental Leadership award, California League of Conservation Voters
- “Best of the Bar” from the Los Angeles Business Journal (2007, 2009)
- Honorary Associate of Arts Degree from Glendale Community College (2006)
- Alumni of the Year award from the University of California, Davis (2004)
- California Legislator of the Year from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society (2003)
- Legislator of the Year from the California Parks & Recreation Society (2003)
- Outstanding Young Californian Award from the California Jaycees Foundation (2000)
- “Top 20 California Lawyers Under 40” from Daily Journal (1999)