David H. Botter focuses on corporate restructurings, with an emphasis on creditors’ committees and bondholder committees in large, complex cases both out of court and in chapter 11.
Practice & Background
Mr. Botter represents bondholders, noteholders, institutional investors, hedge funds and other interested parties. He also has represented debtors in possession, postpetition lenders and acquirers of distressed assets. His restructuring matters encompass a variety of industries, with a particular emphasis on multijurisdictional and cross-border matters.
Mr. Botter is the firm’s hiring partner and a member of the firm’s diversity committee.
Mr. Botter received his B.A. in political science from Syracuse University in 1986 and his J.D. cum laude in 1989 from the Boston University School of Law. While in law school, he was a Paul J. Liacos Distinguished Scholar and a G. Joseph Tauro Scholar, and the recipient of the Christopher A. and Alice Hazelhurst Barreca Labor Relations Law Scholarship. Mr. Botter is a member of the New York Bar and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Mr. Botter’s recent representations include:
- a significant noteholder of NII Holdings, Inc.
- debtor Hercules Offshore Inc.
- debtor International Shipholding Corporation
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Emerald Oil, Inc., et al.
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Nortel Networks Inc.
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Hawker Beechcraft, Inc.
- the Ad Hoc Committee of Second Lien Noteholders of Eastman Kodak
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Saint Vincents Catholic Medical Centers
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Loral Space and Communications, Ltd.
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Pegasus Satellite Television, Inc.
Awards & Accolades
- Named by Turnarounds & Workouts as an Outstanding Young Bankruptcy Lawyer, 2004
- Recognized by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading lawyer in the area of bankruptcy/restructuring, 2010-2016
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2012-2015
- Legal 500 US recommends David Botter in Finance – Corporate Restructuring (including bankruptcy) (2016).