- Advises clients on oil and gas, coal, and other natural resource and infrastructure transactions.
- Practice includes mergers and acquisitions (M&A), project development and finance, service agreement suites and risk allocation schematics, procurement and anticorruption compliance matters.
David Sweeney’s experience spans the full natural resource value chain, from exploration, production, processing and infrastructure, to monetization. David has advised on mergers and acquisitions with an aggregate value of more than $65 billion, energy finance transactions with an aggregate value of more than $3 billion and operational matters in more than 30 countries.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented Diamondback Energy in its $2.2 billion acquisition of QEP Resources.
- Represented Laredo Petroleum in its $405 million proved developed producing (PDP) reserves sale to an affiliate of Sixth Street Partners.
- Represented Apache Corporation in connection with its approximately $7.5 billion farmout transaction with an affiliate of Total S.A. to explore and develop Block 58 offshore Suriname.
- Represented Diamondback Energy in its $862 million acquisition of Guidon Operating.
- Represented LUKOIL in its $435 million acquisition of Fieldwood Mexico.
Public Service and Affiliations