David J. D’Urso, a partner resident in Akin Gump’s New York office, represents alternative asset managers, lenders and portfolio companies in a wide variety of public and private transactions, including leveraged acquisitions, growth equity investments, debt financings and restructurings.
Practice & Background
Mr. D’Urso advises on matters relating to corporate governance, management compensation, follow-on acquisitions, recapitalizations, securities offerings and liquidity and exit events.
Mr. D’Urso received his B.A. in political science and Italian language and literature in 1992 from Binghamton University with “Outstanding Academic Performance,” his M.A. in international relations in 1995 from St. John’s University and his J.D. in 1996 from Case Western Reserve University. He is a member of the New York Bar.
Mr. D’Urso’s recent representations include:
- the acquisition and related financing of the entire sale-leaseback portfolio from a commercial lender
- the sale of a regional specialty grocer and gourmet food market
- the acquisition and related financing of a fractional ownership aviation business
- the acquisition and related financing of a merchant funding lender
- warehouse financing for, and equity investment in, a commercial mortgage lender
- "back door" IPO of a regional home-builder and related debt financing
- sale of a re-insurance company to a strategic buyer
- the acquisition and related financing of a national newspaper publisher
- the sale of a “for profit” education provider and
- the recapitalization of a national fitness operating company through the purchase of all of the portfolio company’s outstanding first lien indebtedness