Practice & Background
Jakeob Brown is a member of the financial restructuring group. His experience focuses on cross-border debt restructurings.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Brown trained and practiced in the Sydney office of one of Australia’s top law firms.
- Ad hoc committee of bondholders with respect to the financial restructuring of distressed issuers of Norwegian and New York bonds in the oil and gas industry
- Ad hoc committee of bondholders with respect to the financial restructuring of distressed issuers of New York bonds in the telecommunications industry
- Bain Capital and Deutsche Bank on the acquisition of GE’s A$2.5 billion Australian Commercial Finance portfolio
- Foreign pension fund in relation to A$250 million capital investment and restructure of distressed Australian mining services company
- Syndicate of hedge funds in relation to secondary debt trading and restructuring of the distressed A$3 billion BrisConnections toll road
- Liquidator of global investment bank Babcock & Brown Ltd in relation to numerous shareholder class-actions for damages in excess of A$250 million
- Liquidator of global insurer HIH Insurance Ltd in relation to shareholder class actions seeking and scheme litigation seeking damages and dividends in excess of $500 million
- Global investment bank in relation to restructuring and collapse of Dick Smith Electronics
Awards & Accolades
- Lawyers Weekly, 30 under 30 winner Commercial Banking & Finance lawyer, 2016