- Focuses practice on complex labor and employment litigation.
- Counsels clients on a variety of strategic labor and employment questions.
James Crowley’s national labor and employment practice handles a broad range of matters involving:
- The National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
- The Labor Management Relations Act (LMRA)
- The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Whistleblower laws, including the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act and the Dodd-Frank Act
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Antidiscrimination and sexual harassment laws
- Wage and hour laws.
- Obtained reversals of several precedents at the National Labor Relations Board, including the rule that employees were presumptively entitled to use their employer’s email system to engage in concerted activity.
- Successfully represented companies in all manner of labor disputes arising under the NLRA, the LMRA, other federal labor statutes and collective bargaining agreements.
- Represented professional sports leagues, hotels, financial services providers and real estate developers in negotiating collective bargaining agreements.
- Successfully defended an employer and employee benefits plan against ERISA claims.
- Successfully defended a financial services firm against whistleblower claims under the SOX Act and the Dodd-Frank Act.