- Advised on some of the largest and most complex secondary transactions for over two decades.
- Handles a range of U.K. and international private equity-driven transactions.
- Advises both general partners and a number of major investors.
John Daghlian began working on private equity transactions in 1990, carrying the bags on a buyout, and advised on his first fund formation in 1994. He acts on a broad range of international and domestic private equity-driven transactions, including:
- The establishment of private funds
- Private equity portfolio transactions
- Management buy-outs
- Secondary buy-outs
- Publicly traded funds
- Mergers and acquisitions
- General partner removal.
- Extensive experience in secondary transactions, including leading the first European $1 billion secondary deal and has executed many billions’ worth of transactions since, including the first tender offer to investors in an Indian fund.*
- Advises on the establishment of funds related to leveraged buy-outs, venture capital, clean tech and renewable energy, emerging markets, real estate and distressed debt and mezzanine investment.
- Assists with the establishment of country-specific funds, including funds for Germany, Denmark, the Netherlands, Hungary, Sweden, China and India.
- Has acted on innumerable spin-outs of private equity teams from financial institutions.
*The experience was gained at a previous law firm.