- Represents public and private companies and equity funds in merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions, joint ventures and other similar transactions.
- Handles matters in the United States and Asia.
Kevin Tsai primarily represents strategic and financial clients in a wide variety of complex M&A transactions in the United States and Asia. He also assists clients with structured financings and preferred equity investments, corporate governance issues and other general corporate matters.
- Represented VCA Inc., the nation’s largest animal care provider that was publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market, in its sale to Mars Corporation for $9.1 billion.
- Represented Kingston Technology, one of the world’s largest independent manufacturers of memory products, as a member of the consortium that purchased Toshiba Memory Corporation, a fully owned subsidiary of Japanese conglomerate Toshiba, for approximately $18 billion. (The consortium, led by Bain Capital Private Equity, LP, included SK Hynix, Hoya, Apple Inc., Kingston Technology, Dell and Seagate Technology.) Negotiated investment documents that protected Kingston Technology’s interests in connection with its participation in the consortium. The deal was the largest M&A transaction in Asia in 2018.
- Represented a global private equity fund in an acquisition of super-majority stake in a company with an enterprise value of approximately $350 million that operates a commercial fleet of tactical ex-military aircraft and provides other aviation services and training to the U.S. Military, Department of Defense (DOD), foreign allied international militaries and flight training schools.
- Represented Governmentjobs.com in its acquisition of FirstNet Learning, Inc., a provider of online learning solutions to various industries.
- Represented a private operator of veterinary animal hospitals in (a) corporate governance matters related to the creation of its veterinary animal hospital platform in Japan and (b) the acquisition of three veterinary clinics.
Public Service and Affiliations