Lauren York is an associate in the firm’s litigation practice.
Practice & Background
Ms. York’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on securities matters and product liability. She is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US, International Association of Privacy Professionals) member of the firm’s cybersecurity, privacy, and data protection practice, which specializes in advising clients on data breach investigations, notifications, and subsequent litigation. Ms. York was a member of Akin Gump’s Pro Bono Scholars class of 2013, and is now a member of the firm’s pro bono committee. She has an active pro bono practice involving matters ranging from social justice to immigration.
After earning her undergraduate degree magna cum laude as a McDermott Scholar at the University of Texas at Dallas, Ms. York spent two years teaching as a member of Teach for America. She received her J.D. with honors from the University of Texas School of Law. During law school, she served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Lee Yeakel of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas and was an associate editor for The Review of Litigation.
Ms. York’s recent engagements include:
- representing directors of a publicly-traded energy company against alleged claims of breach of fiduciary duty and unjust enrichment in Delaware Chancery Court
- representing officers and directors of a master limited partnership defending against allegations of tortious interference and aiding and abetting breaches of fiduciary duty in Delaware Chancery Court
- assisting a manufacturer in defense of product liability cases brought across Texas
- advising a sports retailer regarding remedial measures and notification requirements following a breach affecting customers nationwide.
Ms. York’s community activities include:
- board member of non-profit theater company Shakespeare Dallas
- chair of the Talented and Gifted Magnet’s reunion committee and a member of the alumni association
- member of the Dallas Young Lawyers Association.