Lisa Hearn is in our cross-border and energy practice in Houston. Ms. Hearn represents clients in cross-border mergers and acquisitions; corporate finance matters, including capital markets and loan financing; and issues related to U.S. securities law. Ms. Hearn has consistently worked on some of the most sophisticated, complex and high-profile corporate and finance matters in the firm. Through this work, she has developed the highest levels of expertise in areas critical to Akin Gump’s international corporate practice.
Ms. Hearn's experience includes representations in the telecommunications, oil and gas and financial services sectors, including matters for clients in North America, the CIS, Africa and Asia.
Practice & Background
Ms. Hearn received her B.A. in economics in 2000 from Duke University and her J.D. with honors in 2004 from the University of Texas School of Law. She is a member of the New York Bar.
Ms. Hearn’s recent engagements include representing:
- O1 Properties Limited in a debut $350,000,000 high yield offering of 144A/Reg S notes listed on the Irish Stock Exchange
- Global Telecom Holding SAE in the sale of its mobile telecommunications operations in Zimbabwe
- VimpelCom Holdings B.V. and GTH Finance B.V. in a $1,200,000,000 dual-tranche offering of 144A/Reg S notes listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange
- Banglalink Digital Communications Limited in a $300,000,000 offering of 144A/Reg S notes listed on the Singapore Exchange
- VimpelCom Holdings B.V. in a $2,000,000,000 offering of 144A/Reg S notes listed on the Irish Stock Exchange
- Global Telecom Holding SAE in the sale of Telecel Globe Limited, holding mobile telecommunications operations in Burundi and Central African Republic
- VimpelCom Amsterdam B.V. in a $1,850,000,000 syndicated revolving credit facility
- VimpelCom Holdings B.V. in a $1,500,000,000 offering of 144A/Reg S notes listed on the Irish Stock Exchange
- VimpelCom Ltd. in its $27,500,000,000 acquisition of Wind Telecom S.p.A.
- OJSC “Vimpel-Communications” as the target of a $25,000,000,000 U.S.-registered public exchange offer
- OAO LUKOIL in a $1,500,000,000 Eurobond offering of 144A/Reg S notes listed on the London Stock Exchange
- a U.S. downstream oil company as borrower in a $77,000,000 term club loan facility
- a U.S. downstream oil company in a $120,000,000 uncommitted revolving loan and letter of credit facility
- OAO LUKOIL in $600,000,000 acquisition of a 45 percent interest in Dutch refinery TRN from Total and related European Commission merger clearance
- OJSC “Vimpel-Communications” in a €600,000,000 syndicated loan facility
- OJSC “Vimpel-Communications” in a $2,000,000,000 Eurobond offering of 144A/Reg S notes listed on the Irish Stock Exchange
- OJSC “Vimpel-Communications” in a $3,500,000,000 bridge loan and syndicated facility
- OJSC “Vimpel-Communications” in a $4,350,000,000 U.S. public tender offer acquisition of Golden Telecom, Inc.
- a Kazakh mobile operator in a $130,000,000 loan facility from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Aton Capital Group (Russian financial services company) in the sale of its investment banking unit to Bank Austria Creditanstalt
- OAO LUKOIL in its $1,000,000,000 debut Eurobond offering of 144A/Reg S notes listed on the London Stock Exchange
Awards & Accolades
- Legal 500 UK recommends Lisa Hearn in Emerging Markets and Bank Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans.
- Best Lawyers UK, Corporate Finance Law, 2017