Practice & Background
Lois Deasey is a member of the financial restructuring group. Ms. Deasey advises hedge funds, bondholders, bank and institutional lenders on UK and cross-border financial restructurings, workouts and insolvencies.
Ms. Deasey is a member of the Association of Business Recovery Professionals (R3) and the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association.
Ms. Deasey’s recent engagements include advising:
- secured bondholders of Avanti Communications, a UK listed satellite operator, in connection with a two-phase financial restructuring, including a debt-for-equity swap implemented pursuant to an English law scheme of arrangement
- in connection with the financial restructuring and administration of Iona Energy Company (UK) Plc
- an ad hoc committee of bondholders of a US $135 million bond issued by Xcite Energy, an E&P company with oil-field interests in the UK North Sea
- certain bondholders on the financial restructuring of Songa Offshore, an international midwater drilling contractor
- an ad hoc committee of bondholders of US $260 million of bonds issued by PetroSaudi, the owner of an offshore oil drillship
- the bondholders in connection with bonds issued by Sea Production, an owner of two FPSOs
- Strategic Value Partners and funds managed or advised by them in connection with a senior lender-led restructuring of the Cory Environmental Group by way of an English law scheme of arrangement
- funds owned by Oaktree Capital Management in connection with the financial restructuring of TORM A/S, a listed Danish shipping company, by way of an English law scheme of arrangement, and Oaktree’s acquisition of a majority stake in the restructured Group
- private placement noteholders in relation to the financial restructuring, and subsequent bankruptcy, of Royal Imtech N.V.
- private placement noteholders on waivers and amendments in connection with covenant defaults by Serco Plc
- senior secured bondholders of Magyar Telecom, a Hungarian telecoms operator, on a restructuring implemented through an English Law scheme of arrangement
- the coordinating committee of senior lenders on the restructuring of the Terreal Group