Megan L. Greer’s practice focuses on investigations by the U.S. Congress, executive branch and agency investigations, corporate internal investigations and related state-level litigation.
Practice & Background
In connection with her practice, Ms. Greer has represented companies, institutions and individuals in all aspects of such investigations, including the preparation of testimony given before the U.S. Congress, the preparation of witnesses, the defense of depositions and the management of complex document and information requests.
Ms. Greer is a member of the Children’s Law Center Advisory Board, and has provided pro bono representation for many clients through the firm’s partnerships with the Children’s Law Center, the Washington Legal Clinic for the Homeless and the Tahirih Justice Center.
While at Harvard Law School, Ms. Greer completed clinical work at the United States Senate Judiciary Committee and the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office and was an executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy.
Ms. Greer’s recent matters include the representation of:
- a pharmaceutical company and a private equity firm related to multiple investigations regarding drug pricing
- various pharmaceutical and health care entities related to investigations regarding implementation of health care reform legislation
- a major financial institution in an investigation regarding its compliance programs and survey of governmental investigations and settlements
- an online publisher in an investigation of its publishing practices and in related First Amendment litigation
- an international automotive company in connection with investigations regarding allegations of non-compliance with emissions standards and environmental regulations
- a major financial institution in connection with an investigation of its physical commodities business
- the Utah House of Representatives in a corruption investigation of the state’s attorney general
- a major independent living facility in connection with federal- and state-level investigations into its corporate practices related to veterans benefits
- multiple corporate and private equity clients regarding Department of Energy loan guaranty programs
- a major banking/mortgage institution in an internal, federal- and state-level investigation related to its mortgage and lending practices
- multiple clients regarding the financial crisis of 2008, including a major credit rating agency and top hedge fund
- several leading hedge funds and fund managers in a number of investigations of derivative trading and other fund practices
- multiple corporate clients regarding federal and state public disclosure laws
- multiple health care clients including insurance corporations, a health care policy association and a government relations firm related to health care reform legislation
- a number of clients in various investigations related to the Gulf Coast oil spill
- a prominent major league baseball team in connection with investigations into stadium financing
- a direct marketing services company regarding consumer privacy practices and legislation.
Ms. Greer is involved in community, civic and charitable activities that include being:
- an Advisory Board Member of the Children’s Law Center
- active with the Washington Legal Clinic for the Homeless and the Tahirih Justice Center
- a member of the Federalist Society.