- Focuses on high-value, complex commercial litigation covering a broad range of substantive law.
- Particular emphasis on breach of contract, corporate governance (including breach of fiduciary and related matters), business torts (including tortious interference with business relations) and products liability.
Molly Whitman focuses on complex commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts. She has experience representing companies in a wide range of commercial disputes often involving contract, business tort, antitrust, and employment matters.
- Successfully defended a publicly-traded company in multiple products liability actions. Played a key role in securing dismissal and/or favorable settlement across several cases in various jurisdictions.
- Drafted, argued, and won a motion for summary judgment in Texas state court on behalf of a leading insurance provider and achieved affirmation of the trial court’s decision after briefing the appellate response in the 5thCourt of Appeals, Dallas, Texas.
- Served as lead briefing counsel for a group of law professors advocating as Amici Curiae in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit on the Eighth Amendment rights of transgender people who are incarcerated.
- Represented a leading telecommunications services company in its proposed acquisition of a major satellite television provider, including providing counseling on premerger integration planning and antitrust compliance. Served as trouble-shooter in the case, which involved some novel legal aspects of merger integration, and trained and managed a group comprised of both junior and senior attorneys.
- Led a team of Akin Gump attorneys in conjunction with a law school’s civil rights clinic to represent minor plaintiffs in a federal lawsuit against their school district.
Public Service and Affiliations