- Focuses on high-value, complex commercial litigation covering a broad range of substantive law.
- Particular emphasis on breach of contract, corporate governance (including breach of fiduciary duty and related matters), internal investigations, business torts, and largescale products liability matters.
- Member of the firm’s cybersecurity, privacy and data protection practice.
Molly Whitman focuses on complex commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts. She has experience representing companies in a wide range of commercial disputes often involving contract, business tort, antitrust, and employment issues.
- Successfully defended a publicly-traded company in multiple products liability actions. Played a key role in securing dismissal and/or favorable settlement across several cases in various jurisdictions.
- Advised a mortgage servicer and lender on a large-scale data breach affecting consumers in 50 states. Assisting with the identification and scope of the breach and counseling on notification obligations to customers and regulators.
- Served as second chair in a two-week trial in Dallas County District Court concerning a commercial contract dispute and business tort claims.
- Represented a financial advisor in responding to and defending against an SEC formal order investigating alleged fraud in securing municipal bonds.
- Assisted a Fortune 500 company in revising its workplace violence policies and protocols, including developing and advising on an Emergency Action Plan and detailed employee training guides.
Public Service and Affiliations