Dan Morrissey is a counsel in Akin Gump's Hong Kong office.
- Advises investment managers in establishing and operating their funds.
- Advises institutional investors on their fund investments.
Dan Morrissey has over ten years’ experience in the funds industry and has advised investment managers based in Asia, Europe and the U.S. on the establishment of and regulation regarding hedge, retail and private equity funds. Dan also has experience in advising institutional investors on their investments into funds and drafting and negotiating side letters and related documents.
- Acted for a Hong Kong investment manager in its establishment of a private equity fund focused on renewable energy.
- Acted for a Hong Kong investment manager in its establishment of a private equity fund focused on clean energy investments.
- Acted for a new Hong Kong investment manager in establishing a multi-strategy hedge fund.
- Advised a Hong Kong institutional investor and its affiliates on numerous hedge and private equity fund investments.
- Acted for a new Japanese investment manager in establishing a Japan-focused hedge fund.
- Advised a Hong Kong investment manager on the overhaul of its fund platform (covering both open-ended and closed-ended investment funds).
- Negotiated side letters on behalf of Hong Kong and Japanese investment managers.
- Acted as lead counsel for the establishment of offshore funds, the update of offering documents and the negotiation of agreements.