- Focuses on complex employment litigation and counseling.
- Extensive experience advising employers on wage and hour and discrimination matters.
- Represents professional sports associations in high-profile disputes with athletes and officials.
Nathan Oleson defends employers in complex litigation involving a range of employment issues, including:
- Wage and hour claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and state wage and hour laws;
- Employment discrimination claims under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA);
- High-stakes disputes between sports associations and athletes and officials regarding compensation, discipline, and safety and health;
- Labor issues, including those arising under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA);
- Workplace safety issues and investigations brought by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Advised a major sports association in wage-and-hour litigation challenging the independent contractor status of its officials.
- Represented retail and financial services companies in a nationwide FLSA collective actions challenging the exempt status of their employees.
- Defended an insurance company in a nationwide class action alleging discrimination and retaliation in the context of a corporate reorganization of the company’s agency force.
- Advocated for a retail food service company in multiple state class actions challenging the distribution of gratuities from a common tip container.
- Represented a sports association against an athlete’s challenge to disciplinary suspension.
Public Service and Affiliations