Patrick J. Hurley‘s practice focuses primarily in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings and private equity financings, corporate finance transactions, securities law compliance, general contract negotiations and other general corporate matters.
Practice & Background
Mr. Hurley received his B.A. cum laude in economics from Trinity University in 1996 and his J.D. with honors from the University of Texas School of Law in 1999, where he was a member of Order of the Coif. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas.
Mr. Hurley’s recent transaction representations include advising:
- a midstream MLP, exploration and production and other companies in public or private equity and debt offerings
- companies and investors in midstream, exploration and production and other joint ventures, equity investments and private placements
- MLP conflicts committees in drop down acquisitions and mergers, including a public stock-for-stock merger and an IDR merger restructuring transaction
- a public ethanol and seismic data company in in-court restructurings
- purchasers and sellers of midstream, exploration and production and other assets
- a public petrochemicals company and a soda ash producer in all-cash mergers and an MLP in an IDR merger restructuring transaction
- underwriters, initial purchasers and placement agents in public and private debt and equity offerings of exploration and production and other companies