Ron Grabov-Nardini’s practice focuses on a broad range of U.S. and international tax matters.
Practice & Background
Mr. Grabov-Nardini advises clients in a wide range of sectors and industries on domestic and international tax matters. Mr. Grabov-Nardini focuses primarily on the formation and operation of private equity, venture capital and hedge funds and their investments with a particular focus on health care investment funds and cross-border intangible property transactions. Mr. Grabov-Nardini also advises creditors of financially troubled and bankrupt companies on a variety of issues, including debt restructurings, repatriation and preservation and utilization of net operating losses.
Prior to joining Akin Gump, Mr. Grabov-Nardini was an associate at another law firm specializing in tax law, where he focused on international, federal, state and local tax matters.
Sample engagements have included the representation of:
- advised OneRoof Energy in a $50 million subscription receipts financing
- investment funds formed for the purposes of investing in contingent future cash-flows generated from pharmaceutical, musical or film royalties
- an investment fund in connection with the formation of a platform designed to invest in Pan-European distressed assets
- an investment fund in connection with investment in a portfolio of life insurance policies
- a foreign manufacturer of alcoholic beverages in connection with the U.S. manufacturing and distributions of its products
- large multinationals in connection with the relocation of their corporate headquarters to or from the United States, cross-border licensing, cost-sharing agreements and other international tax issues
- reinsurance companies regarding CFC status and U.S. trade or business issues
- private equity funds regarding tax aspects of mergers, acquisitions and dispositions of investments
- private and 1940 Act-registered investment funds in connection with an investment in aircrafts and/or ships used in domestic and international traffic.