Sebastian Casselbrant-Multala is an associate in the international trade practice.
Practice & Background
Mr. Casselbrant-Multala’s practice focuses on EU/UK competition and antitrust. He has a broad range of experience before the European Commission, the Competition and Markets Authority, the U.K. High Court, and the Swedish and Finnish competition authorities in matters relating to EU and national behavioral and transactional competition as well as regulatory law.
Prior to joining Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, Mr. Casselbrant-Multala worked at the London and Brussels offices of an international law firm.
- Advised a Japanese conglomerate on the EU, Russian and Turkish merger control aspects of its €1.16 billion acquisition of a market leading provider of value-added logistic process automation.
- Advised a UK healthcare group on the UK merger control aspects of its £835 million acquisition of the UK's leading private dental provider.
- Advised a specialized automotive component solutions provider on the European Commission merger control aspects of its €571 million voluntary recommended public tender offer for a Finnish-listed designer and manufacturer of wiring systems and electronics.
- Acted for a European investor in the potential acquisition of its main competitor, advising on the EU merger control filing and associated remedies package.
Antitrust and other work:
- Acted for the recipient of a European Commission Statement of Objections in relation to claims that it had provided misleading information in connection with an EU merger clearance procedure.
- Advised the complainant in the European Commission’s largest-ever antidumping proceedings, concerning imports of certain metal products.
- Acted for the government of a European Member State in relation to potential State aid allegations in connection with the part-privatization of its energy infrastructure.
- Acted for a UK company in a CMA investigation into alleged abuse of dominance.