- Partner in charge of the London and Hong Kong offices.
- Practice focuses on providing advice on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets and private equity transactions.
- Fluent in Russian and Italian.
- Co-head of the firm’s corporate practice.
Sebastian Rice previously spent four years at another international law firm, where he acted on a large number of substantial corporate deals. He also worked in-house at 3i Group plc, the private equity and venture capital house, as a legal advisor to its European investment teams.
- Advised Croatian conglomerate Fortenova Grupa d.d., on the €615 million sale of its frozen food business, the Frozen Food Business Group, to Nomad Foods, owner of Birds Eye and Findus, among others.
- Advised New York Stock Exchange-listed Endava on its acquisition of Comtrade Digital Services (CDS), formerly a division of Comtrade Group B.V., for €60 million.
- Advised VEON regarding the $2.6 billion disposal by its Egyptian-listed subsidiary Global Telecom Holding (GTH) of a 51 percent stake in Orascom Telecom Algérie, the leading Algerian mobile telecommunication operator, to the Algerian National Investment Fund.
- Counseled VEON on its $27.5 billion combination with WIND TELECOM S.p.A., to create the world’s sixth largest mobile telecommunications provider by number of subscribers.
- Represented UFG Private Equity in connection with its acquisition and disposal of one of the largest Russian theatre operators, Rising Star Media, from National Amusements, Inc.