Shane Sullivan’s practice encompasses oil and gas transactions with a focus on upstream and midstream acquisitions and divestitures, private equity investments, joint ventures and similar strategic transactions.
Practice & Background
Mr. Sullivan advises clients on a variety of oil and gas matters including purchase and sale agreements, joint exploration and development agreements, lease acquisition agreements, joint operating agreements, and production sharing agreements. Mr. Sullivan also advises oil and gas companies on day-to-day operational issues and mineral title issues. While in law school, Mr. Sullivan served as a member of the South Texas Law Review.
Mr. Sullivan has recently represented:
- EOG Resources, Inc. in its $2.4 billion acquisition of oil and gas properties located in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, North Dakota, and Montana
- Diamondback Energy, Inc. in its $2.4 billion acquisition from Brigham Resources of oil and gas properties located in Pecos and Reeves Counties, Texas
- Sanchez Energy in its negotiation and execution of a Joint Development Agreement for oil and gas properties it acquired from Anadarko in the Eagleford Shale
- BHP Billiton before the Railroad Commission of Texas in connection with BHP’s protest of an off-setting operator’s application for an exception to SWR 37
- Newfield Exploration Company in connection with its $470 million acquisition of Stack Play assets from Chesapeake Exploration Company
- A large public energy company in connection with its $600 million divestiture of Barnett Shale assets
- A large publicly traded energy company in drafting multiple drilling and division order title opinions for its drilling program in the Eagleford Shale
- A large publicly traded energy company in connection with various issues regarding interpretation of multiple joint operating agreements and other operations contracts.