- Assists both domestic and offshore corporate clients with compliance with international trade laws and regulations.
- Handles investigations and drafts disclosures regarding violations of export control law and U.S. sanctions programs.
Sina Kimiagar advises U.S. and international clients in a variety of sectors—including aerospace, defense, commercial space, high technology, finance, energy, pharmaceutical and life sciences, and logistics—on compliance with a range of international trade laws and regulations including:
- Export control laws (Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR))
- U.S. economic sanctions, as administered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Analyzing the commodity jurisdiction and classification of a variety of items under the ITAR and EAR, and assisting in obtaining export authorization.
- Assisting with developing and implementing general and specific export compliance programs and enhancements, and drafting related policies, procedures, manuals and training materials.
- Conducting global internal investigations, including drafting disclosures regarding violations of export control law and U.S. sanctions programs.
- Analyzing the impact of U.S. sanctions on various cross-border transactions and activity, particularly in light of recent developments with Russia, Cuba and Iran, and drafting related license applications to OFAC.
- Conducting risk assessment and due diligence regarding sanctions, export controls, anticorruption and other trade-related matters in connection to mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and other corporate transactions.
Public Service and Affiliations