Practice & Background
Sophie Jermine focuses on U.K. and international corporate finance, including equity and debt offerings, financial restructurings, offshore investment funds and cross-border mergers and acquisitions. In addition, Ms. Jermine advises hedge, private equity and other investment funds on structuring, monitoring and exiting from substantive investments and on various shareholder activism matters and tactics.
Ms. Jermine is recognized as a rising star for corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions by Super Lawyers and is also recommended in Legal 500 UK 2017, within private equity.
Ms. Jermine’s past engagements include:
- Game Digital plc — advising a major investor on the IPO of Game Digital
- Dexion Absolute Limited — advising on the issue of $950 million of series C shares in a private placement and secondary public offer
- Dexion Commodities Limited — advising on a continuation vote, redemption of shares and amendment of investment policy
- Dexion Trading Limited — advising on Dexion Trading’s financial restructuring (including a tender offer) to become a feeder fund, change of investment advisor and secondary issue
- Dexion Trading Limited — advising on the issue of $140 million of series C shares in a private placement and secondary public offer
- Goldman Sachs Dynamic Opportunities Limited — advising on the issue of $260 million of series C shares in a private placement and secondary public offer
- Gottex Market Neutral Trust Limited — advising on a continuation vote and winding down
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Tensator Group – advising private placement noteholders on the administration acquisition, and the post-acquisition corporate governance, of the Tensator group, designer and provider of queue management products to the global travel, entertainment, hospitality and retail industries
- The Damovo Group — advising on the sale of its Latin American and European operations
- advising a public Japanese company on the acquisitions, restructurings and divestitures through a management buy-out of microtechnology companies operating in the EU, U.S. and Asia
- Oracle Corporation — advising on various acquisitions, including Oracle’s acquisitions of Secerno Limited and Datanomic Ltd
- TMNG Inc. — advising on TMNG’s acquisition of Cartesian Ltd, an independent technical consulting and software development company, from existing management through an earn-out mechanism.
- Kaupthing – advising a bondholder committee on the restructuring and post-restructuring corporate governance of Kaupthing, a major Icelandic bank
- Wind Hellas — advising the senior secured bondholders on the debt restructuring of WIND Hellas SA, a Greek telecommunications company, which involved a series of prepackaged administration sales and a scheme of arrangement under English law
- Gala Coral — advising the mezzanine consortium on the £2.6 billion restructuring of Britain’s largest betting and gaming group and the swap of £570 million mezzanine debt for 100 percent of the equity in Gala Coral
- Monier — advising a group of senior lenders on the financial restructuring of Monier, a German roofing company
- Preem AB — advising the ad hoc committee of noteholders on the financial restructuring of Preem AB (publ), Sweden’s largest oil company
- Level One — advising the mezzanine syndicate on the financial restructuring and administration of Level One, a German real estate investment vehicle
- Damovo Group SA — advising on the cross-border financial restructuring of €350 million of debt
- Sea Containers Limited — advising on various corporate documents relating to Sea Container’s cross-border financial restructuring
- TMD Friction Holding GmbH — advising on the cross-border financial restructuring incorporating a €200 million mezzanine debt-to-equity swap
- SpinVox Ltd — advising Tisbury Capital (subsequently incorporated into GLG) on the restructuring of the capital structure of SpinVox Ltd and the subsequent sale of SpinVox to Nuance Communications Inc.