- Cross-border corporate finance lawyer.
- Focuses on private equity and Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) transactions involving Africa.
- Advises UK and international clients on M&A, private equity, infrastructure and energy transactions.
Weyinmi Popo advises various Africa-focused private equity sponsors, strategic investors and family offices on complex cross-border investments.
- Advised Africa Capitalworks on its investment in Dorman Long Engineering, an international engineering company operating across the oil and gas, telecoms and energy industries.
- Advised on the sale of Capricorn Digital, owner of Baxi, one of Nigeria's leading super-agent networks to MFS Africa, the largest pan-African digital payments platform.
- Advised Africa Capital Works on its investment in Gaselia Industries, a leading water and soft drinks manufacturer in West Africa.*
- Advised Smile Telecom on its bid to acquire 9Mobile Nigeria.*
- Advised OneFi, one of Nigeria’s leading technology-focused consumer finance businesses, on its $5 million debt facility from Lendable.*