Akin Gump Advises Verso Corporation as It Completes Sale of Androscoggin and Stevens Point Mills
(New York) – Verso Corporation today announced that it has completed the sale of its Androscoggin Mill, located in Jay, Maine, and its Stevens Point Mill, located in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, to Pixelle Specialty Solutions LLC. A team from Akin Gump advised Verso in the transaction.
Verso is a leading North American producer of graphic and specialty papers, packaging and pulp. The company’s Duluth, Escanaba, Quinnesec and Wisconsin Rapids mills have a combined annual production capacity of 2 million tons of paper. Click here to learn more about the deal, which was announced in November 2019.
The Akin Gump M&A team advising Verso was led by partner Zachary Wittenberg, counsel Kimberly Rowe and partner Kerry Berchem. They were joined by associates Mathew Rotenberg and Andrés Zambrano. Partner Alice Hsu and counsel Kevin Schott advised on securities matters.
Others working on the deal included:
- Corporate senior counsel Daniel Zimmerman and associates Richard Kubiak, Caleb Loschen and Andrew McDonough.
- Labor and employment partner Lauren Leyden, senior counsel Eric Field and associate John Mattiace.
- Executive compensation partner Rolf Zaiss and counsel Stephanie Bollheimer.
- Environment and natural resources head David Quigley, senior counsel Andrew Oelz and associate Jack Lyman.
- Energy regulation, markets and enforcement practice head Chip Cannon and senior counsel Porter Wiseman.
- Real estate partner John Bain and associate Shaila Manjiyani.
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 1,000 lawyers and advisors in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Founded in 1945, the firm is proudly celebrating its 75th anniversary in 2020. #AkinGump75
# # #