Akin Gump Advises The Wilhelmsen Group in Acquisition of Drew Marine Technical Solutions
(Washington, D.C.) – Global maritime group The Wilhelmsen Group has signed an agreement to acquire the technical solutions business from Drew Marine, a leading manufacturer and provider of advanced performance chemicals and technical solutions to the maritime industry. Akin Gump advised Wilhelmsen in the matter.
As part of the transaction, the business, people and competence in Drew Marine Technical Solutions will be transferred to Wilhelmsen. Approximately 400 Drew Marine employees will join Wilhelmsen Ships Service upon completion of the deal.
Final closing of the transaction is subject to regulatory approvals.
The Akin Gump deal team was led by cross-border transactions partner Anthony J. Renzi Jr. and corporate partner Patrick Rice, both of whom are members of the firm’s shipping and offshore services team.
Others working on the deal included:
- corporate counsel John Howell, and associates Andrés Zambrano, Chase Mechanick and Alyssa Pehmoeller
- partners Davina Garrod and Paul Hewitt and associates Scott Pettifor and George Wolfe for antitrust work
- tax senior counsel Michael Kliegman, counsel Brett Fieldston and associate Sharon Davidov
- international trade counsel Christian Davis and associates Jung Hwa Song and Sina Kimiagar
- intellectual property senior counsel Peter Emmi
- real estate partner John Bain and practice attorney Stuart Graves
- environment and natural resources partner David Quigley and senior counsel Andrew Oelz
- executive compensation and employee benefits partner Rolf Zaiss and senior practice attorney Daniel Vira
- labor and employment partner Nathan Oleson
Founded in 1945, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
# # #