Akin Gump Advises Commercial Metals Company in Rebar Asset Acquisition
(Dallas) – Commercial Metals Company announced that it entered into a definitive agreement to acquire certain U.S. rebar steel mill and fabrication assets from Gerdau S.A., a producer of long and specialty steel products in the Americas for a cash purchase price of $600 million, subject to customary purchase price adjustments. Akin Gump advised Commercial Metals in the transaction.
The acquisition includes 33 rebar fabrication facilities in the United States, as well as steel mills located in Knoxville, Tennessee; Jacksonville, Florida; Sayreville, New Jersey; and Rancho Cucamonga, California.
- corporate counsel Nicholas Houpt and associates Alex Poor and Stephanie Calderon
- labor and employment partner Lauren Leyden, senior counsel Eric Field and counsel Dustin Stark
- tax senior counsel Michael Gerald and counsel Brandon Morris
- real estate partner John Bain and associate Alex Agahzadeh
- environment and natural resources partner David Quigley
- tax partner Alison Chen
- intellectual property senior counsel Peter Emmi
- antitrust partner Paul Hewitt and Corey Roush and associate George Wolfe
Founded in 1945, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
# # #