The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2022 Recognizes Akin Gump Lawyers and Practices
(Hong Kong) – The Legal 500, in its 2022 Asia-Pacific guide, has recognized a number of Akin Gump practices and individuals throughout the region as being among the leaders in their respective fields. This annual guide provides ranking and editorial analysis of law firms operating in the legal marketplaces of 20 Asia-Pacific jurisdictions.
In the China guide, Akin Gump is ranked among the foreign firms in Regulatory/compliance and Restructuring and Insolvency, with partner Naomi Moore and counsel Jeremy Haywood recommended in the latter category.
In the Hong Kong guide, Akin Gump is ranked in the following practice areas:
- Investment funds
- Partner Anne-Marie Godfrey, noted as an “aggressive negotiator with good commercial sense” is recommended and noted as a Leading Individual, and counsel Dan Morrissey, noted as a “stand-out lawyer with a strong understanding of hedge funds” is recommended.
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Ms. Moore is recommended, included as a Leading Individual and noted as “responsive, hard-working and commercially minded, with a highly collaborative approach.” Mr. Haywood is also recommended.
In the India guide, Akin Gump is newly ranked among the foreign firms, with recommendations for investment management practice co-head Prakash Mehta, partner John Holton—noted as “always available and an excellent funds lawyer” who “gives very practical advice which is balanced from a regulatory and market perspective”—senior counsel Divya Thakur and associate Juliana Widjaja.
In the Singapore guide, Akin Gump is ranked among the foreign firms in the following practice areas:
- Investment funds
- Investment management practice heads Stephen Vine and Mr. Mehta, and partners Olivia Chung, who is noted as “client-centric and always being able to work with clients with differing needs,” and Robert Griffin are recommended. For the second consecutive year, Ms. Thakur is noted as a Rising Star.
- Partner Paul Greening and associate Euan Strachan are recommended, and are noted as “both strong lawyers technically and work very well together as a focused Energy team. The targeted and innovative nature of their advice sets them apart from others in the sector.”
- Mr. Greening is recommended.
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
# # #